Spherical Plain Bearings requiring maintenance (steel-on-steel) have hardened sliding contact surfaces on both rings. The surfaces are typically treated with molybdenum disulphide and phosphate. It provides added wear resistance and wear-corrosion. However, Spherical Plain Bearings with this sliding contact surface combination require regular relubrication. The high strength of the sliding contact surfaces makes these bearings especially suitable for bearing arrangements where heavy loads of alternating direction, shock loads, or heavy static loads have to be accommodated.
Check out our online product catalog with more than 10,000 products with full specifications & 3D CAD Models available for download - all free of charge!
AST has over 150 different Spherical Plain Bearings models composed of steel-on-steel and are divided into the following series:
- GEZ-ES Series – Steel-on-Steel, Inch Dimension, with lubrication groves
- GEZ-ES-2RS Series – Steel-on-Steel, Inch Dimension, with Seals, with lubrication groves
- GE-E Series – Steel-on-Steel, Metric Dimension
- GE-ES Series – Steel-on-Steel, Metric Dimension, with lubrication groves
- GE-ES-2RS Series – Steel-on-Steel, Metric Dimension, with Seals, with lubrication groves
- GEF-ES Series – Steel-on-Steel, Metric Dimension, wide, with lubrication groves
AST Bearings is proudly presenting our new certificates for both the NJ and CA locations: AST Bearings’ ISO 9001:2015 Certificates
To learn more about what the ISO 9001 standard is, the differences between the 2015 and 2008 versions, and how AST verifies customer satisfaction: Learn About AST Bearings’ certification to ISO 9001:2015
Ask A Question
Ask us a question and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible.
Fields marked with * are required.