Peristaltic Pump Bearings
A peristaltic pump (sometimes called a roller pump) is one kind of positive displacement pump used for pumping a wide variety of fluids. Peristaltic pump bearings are typically used to isolate aggressive/corrosive or sterile/clean fluids from exposed pump components to prevent cross-contamination.
Whether the peristaltic pump is a hose pump, tube pump, or a 360° eccentric design, AST Bearings has the knowledge and expertise to meet demanding specifications for the peristaltic pump industry. These fluid pumping systems often require a wide range of bearing types which AST Bearings is easily capable of supplying or engineering to meet specific fluid pump demands.
Check out our online product catalog with more than 10,000 products with full specifications & 3D CAD Models available for download - all free of charge!
Preventing contamination is the primary but not only advantage of a peristaltic pump. Since the only part of the pump in contact with the fluid being pumped is the interior of the tube/hose, it is easy to sterilize and clean the inside surfaces of the pump itself.
Low Maintenance Requirements: Their lack of valves, seals and glands makes them comparatively inexpensive to maintain.
Challenging Fluids: They are able to pump problematic fluids including slurries, viscous, shear-sensitive and aggressive fluids.
Backflow and Syphoning Prevention: Pump design prevents backflow and syphoning without valves.
Peristaltic pumps, due to their isolationistic design, are ideal for a wide variety of industries and applications including, but not limited to:
- Aseptic filling
- Food and beverage
- Industrial process
- OEM engineering
- Paint and pigments
- Print and packaging
- Pulp and paper
- Science and research
- Water & waste applications
Bearing Failure is Not an Option
Many of the above applications for peristaltic pumps are critical applications. Bearing failures in peristaltic pumps can have catastrophic consequences including hazardous clean-ups, expensive downtime, damage to equipment, or even loss of life. Bearing performance and reducing the risk of potential pump failures are critical factors that our bearing application engineers can address up front whether pumping IV fluids through an infusion device or pumping corrosive industrial slurries.
Bearing Solutions for the Peristaltic Pump Applications
Some of AST Bearings solutions for centrifugal pump applications include:
- Stainless Steel - We supply special stainless steel bearings that allow for customer wash down and protection from cleaning agents
- SV30 Stainless Steel - A special martensitic steel material that is more corrosive resistant, longer lasting, and quieter running than regular stainless steel bearing materials.
- Specially Designed Seals - AST engineers have designed special sealed bearings to help keep out fluids and containments from entering bearings during wash down
- Medical and Food Grade Greases - We stock more than 300 different greases at our lubrication and relubrication facility in New Jersey. Several of our lubricants are specifically used for the medical and food industries including USDA H1 and H2 lubricants. These special bearing lubricants conform to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) CFR Title 21 and have been approved and registered by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) for use in and around food processing areas. Some customers also request special high percentage fill of a moisture barrier grease to help keep out fluids in their application or caused by intentional washdown by customers.
Contact AST today to provide a solution to your most challenging problems or to simply ensure you get the best product for your application from a supplier that fully understands the challenges of the centrifugal pump applications.
Ask A Question
Ask us a question and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible.
Fields marked with * are required.