Food & Beverage Grade Bearings
Every industry has its own unique characteristics; the Food and Beverage industry is no exception. Food grade bearings and related products are used throughout the manufacturing, processing, and handling of edible products in addition to making end-products for commercial and consumer use.
Some of the challenges in beverage industry bearings include dealing with extreme temperatures (both high and low), contamination, excessive moisture, chemical exposure, continuous washdowns, and much more. All of this while under strict regulations and the prospects of shutting down a product line make selecting the right product of the utmost importance.
That is where AST Bearings comes in. Our vast experience across all aspects of the food and beverage industry makes AST Bearings the natural choice to help specify and select the best product to get the job done.
Check out our online product catalog with more than 10,000 products with full specifications & 3D CAD Models available for download - all free of charge!
Bearing Solutions for the Good and Beverage Industry
Some of AST Bearings solutions for the Food and Beverage industry include:
- Food Grade Greases - We stock more than 300 different greases at our lubrication and relubrication facility in New Jersey. Several of our lubricants are specifically used for the food industry including USDA H1 and H2 lubricants. These special bearing lubricants conform to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) CFR Title 21 and have been approved and registered by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) for use in and around food processing areas. AST supplies many customer bearings that are require food grade grease for various types of products such as blenders, ice machines and many different types of food processing machines. Some customers also request special high percentage fill of a moisture barrier grease to help keep out water in their application or caused by intentional washdown by customers.
- Stainless Steel - We supply special stainless steel bearings that allow for customer wash down and protection from cleaning agents in food processing plants.
- SV30 Stainless Steel - A special steel material that is more corrosive resistant, longer lasting, and quieter running than regular stainless steel bearing material.
- Specially Designed Seals - AST engineers have designed special sealed bearings to help keep out water and other containments from entering bearings during wash down.
Recent Applications and Customers
Some of the latest applications for AST’s Food and Beverage customers involved solving specific problems to ensure product performance over the expected life or maintenance schedule of the customer’s product or system. AST has recently provided engineering and product solutions for:
- Food and beverage processing equipment
- Blenders / mixers
- Ice machinery
- Picking and weighing machinery
Contact AST today to provide a solution to your most challenging problems or to simply ensure you get the best food grade bearing product for your application from a supplier that fully understands the challenges of the Food and Beverage industry.
Ask A Question
Ask us a question and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible.
Fields marked with * are required.