RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Compliance
RoHS stands for the Restriction of Hazardous Substances directive adopted by the European Union (EU) that took effect in July 2006 and was amended in 2011 and 2015. While RoHS is often referred to as the "lead-free directive," it actually restricts the use of multiple substances as follows:
- Lead (Pb) to less that 1000 ppm
- Mercury (Hg) to less than 100 ppm
- Cadmium (Cd) to less than 100 ppm
- Hexavalent chromium [Cr(VI)] to less than 1000 ppm
- Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) to less than 1000 ppm
- Polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) to less than 1000 ppm
- Bis (2-Ethylhexy) phlthalate (DEHP) to less than 1000 ppm
- Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBPP) to less than 1000 ppm
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP) to less than 1000 ppm
- Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP) to less than 1000 ppm
RoHS certificates for products provided by AST Bearings are available upon request.
Ask A Question
Ask us a question and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible.
Fields marked with * are required.