AST50 - Steel shell, Bronze powder with PTFE fiber - Inch and Metric
The AST50 Series Bushings from AST® are very similar to DU® brand bushings in structure and are often substituted for DU bushings providing better value. The AST50 Series Bushings are made of a steel shell, bronze powder with PTFE/fiber, are dry bushings, and have the following layers:
- PTFE fibers mixture 0.01~0.03mm, lead-free provides an excellent initial transfer film, which effectively coats the mating surface of the bushing assembly, forming an oxide type solid lubricant film.
- Sintered bronze powder 0.20-0.35mm, provides maximum thermal conductivity away from the bushing surface, also serves as a reservoir for the PTFE mixture.
- Steel backing, provides high load carrying capacity, excellent heat dissipation.
- Copper/Tin plating 0.002mm, provides good corrosion resistance.
Check out our online product catalog with more than 10,000 products with full specifications & 3D CAD Models available for download - all free of charge!
Just like DU bushings, AST50 Series Bushings are suitable for dry running, low coefficient of friction, lower wear, good sliding characteristics, forming a transfer film can protect the mating metal surface, suitable for rotary and oscillating movement. The AST50 Series has a very high chemical resistance, low absorption of water and swelling. Also performs well with lubrication.
The AST50 Series is widely used in the automotive industry, food industry, medicine machines, drink machines and other industries which are not allowed the use the lead and they have difficulty forming the oil film or need dry lubrication parts for operation. Can meet the demanding criteria for long-life and trouble-free performance with or without lubricant, especially for high chemical resistance needs. They can also be composed in steel housing or fabricated into flanged bushes which can move both in radial and in axial directions. The AST50 Series is particularly appropriate for high temperature environment where no oil is efficient and the machine must be under successive long period working condition.
With 600 products to choose from, the AST50 Series bushings are further sub-categorized by the following:
- AST50-IB Series – Inch Dimension, Straight Bushings
- AST50-FIB Series – Inch Dimension, Flanged Bushings
- AST50-WC-IB Series – Inch Dimension, Thrust Washer Bushings
- AST50-F Series – Metric Dimension, Flanged Bushings
- AST50-WC Series – Metric Dimension, Thrust Washer Bushings
- AST50-SP Series – Metric Dimension, Strip Bushings
AST Bearings is proudly presenting our new certificates for both the NJ and CA locations: AST Bearings’ ISO 9001:2015 Certificates
To learn more about what the ISO 9001 standard is, the differences between the 2015 and 2008 versions, and how AST verifies customer satisfaction: Learn About AST Bearings’ certification to ISO 9001:2015
Ask A Question
Ask us a question and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible.
Fields marked with * are required.