AST850SM Metal Backed Bronze Powder and Graphite Series - Metric
The AST850SM Series Bushings are metal backed with bronze alloy graphite oil-less bushings. They are composite multi-layer bushings composed of special sintered material used as sliding surfaces and steel material as backing metal. Sintered layers are of a special copper-nickel alloy containing uniformly dispersed solid lubricant, the main component of which is graphite. The solid lubricants will be released at the bushing surface as wear occurs, this will ensure have lower coefficient of friction during operation. In addition, these sintered layers have been processed by the oil impregnation treatment.
Check out our online product catalog with more than 10,000 products with full specifications & 3D CAD Models available for download - all free of charge!
- Ideal for multi-directional movements due to the even dispersion of the solid lubricant. It exhibits high performance even with very small motions.
- Self-lubricating; however, to aid lower startup friction, we recommend to pre-lubricated when possible.
- Oiling can be drastically reduced.
- Very good load capacity with good wear resistance and lower friction
- Can be machined again after the parts are fixed to get much high tolerance.
This material have been widely used in high-load applications where lower friction and good wear resistance is needed and where oiling is difficult. Some examples include: automotive Die wear plates, industrial robots, injection wear plates, injection Tie-bar bushes, and construction equipment self-lubricating bushings.
AST Bearings is proudly presenting our new certificates for both the NJ and CA locations: AST Bearings’ ISO 9001:2015 Certificates
To learn more about what the ISO 9001 standard is, the differences between the 2015 and 2008 versions, and how AST verifies customer satisfaction: Learn About AST Bearings’ certification to ISO 9001:2015
Ask A Question
Ask us a question and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible.
Fields marked with * are required.