Spherical Roller Bearings
Spherical Roller Bearings are designed to work in applications where severe misalignment exists whether from mounting or shaft deflection and with relatively heavy radial loads and some axial loads in either direction. They are also extremely resistant to shock loads and their self-aligning feature allows full capacity loading despite shaft deflection. They are very similar in purpose to Self-Aligning Double Row Ball Bearings, except the Spherical Roller Bearings are designed to be more robust by carrying heavier loads but at lower maximum speeds. These bearings have barrel-shaped rollers between the inner ring, which has two raceways, and the outer ring which has one spherical raceway. They are self-aligning because the center of curvature of the outer ring raceway surface coincides with the bearing axis.
Check out our online product catalog with more than 10,000 products with full specifications & 3D CAD Models available for download - all free of charge!
Standard Spherical Roller Bearings are produced with straight bores; however, tapered bores are available upon request and may be mounted directly on tapered shafts. Pressed steel and machined brass cages are typically used.
The boundary dimensions of rolling bearings are the dimensions that define their external geometry and have been internationally standardized (ISO 15) and adopted by JIS B 1512 (Boundary Dimensions of Rolling Bearings).
Types of Spherical Roller Bearings
For Spherical Roller Bearings, the dimensional series are:
- 21300 Series - ISO Dimension Series 13 Spherical Roller Bearings
- 22200 Series - ISO Dimension Series 22 Spherical Roller Bearings
- 22300 Series - ISO Dimension Series 23 Spherical Roller Bearings
- 23000 Series - ISO Dimension Series 30 Spherical Roller Bearings
- 23100 Series - ISO Dimension Series 31 Spherical Roller Bearings
- 23200 Series - ISO Dimension Series 32 Spherical Roller Bearings
- 232 / Series - Extra Large ISO 32 Series Spherical Roller Bearing
- 23900 Series - ISO Dimension Series 39 Spherical Roller Bearings
- 24000 Series - ISO Dimension Series 40 Spherical Roller Bearings
- 24100 Series - ISO Dimension Series 41 Spherical Roller Bearings
- 29000 Series - ISO Dimension Series 90 Spherical Thrust Roller Bearings
Spherical Roller Bearings are commonly used in agricultural machines such as combined harvesting machine, air-blower, paper-machine, textile machine, woodworking machinery, overhead crane moving wheel and driving shaft as well as a large number of non agricultural applications.
Other Types of Spherical Bearings
There are other types of "spherical bearings" including spherical plain bearings, rod ends, and spherical ball bearings. To learn more about the various kinds of spherical bearings, please visit "Spherical Bearings – Accommodating Misalignment" which explains the similarities and differences between the various types.
Ask A Question
Ask us a question and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible.
Fields marked with * are required.