Bearing Selector Guide
Below, you can quickly select the bearing or related product that is just right for your application. To start, expand the product section below (click on the "+" sign) that you are interested in to see the various selections available from AST. Then click on the product category to refine your choice. Ultimately, you will arrive at an interactive table where you will be able to define a wide variety of parameters and to filter and sort by size, type, configuration and other relevant information to make the best choice.
If you need further assistance selecting the product just right for your application, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Ball Bearings - Ball bearings can support moderate radial loads and moderate axial loads (parallel to the shaft). They can operate at high speeds. Ball bearings with shields or seals for protection are usually lubricated to last for the operating life.
- Roller Bearings - Roller bearings have high radial load capacity and some designs can accept light axial loading. They operate at moderate-to-high speeds. The lubrication method must be carefully considered during the design phase when using roller bearings.
- Thrust Bearings - Ball and Roller Type - Thrust bearings are used for axial (parallel to the shaft) loading only. Roller thrust bearings have higher load carrying capacities then equally sized ball thrust bearings. Higher speed applications require oil lubrication.
- Bushings - Bushings, or plain bearings, operate with sliding motion between the moving surfaces. Bushings are selected based on the rotating speed and the applied load. Most bushings do not require additional lubrication to operate.
- Spherical Plain Bearings - Spherical plain bearings are used for applications requiring rotation and oscillation. The rotation takes place on a sliding surface so the limiting speed is slow. Many styles require regular lubrication, but maintenance free styles are also available.
- Rod Ends - Rod ends consist of a spherical ball mounted in a housing, typically with male or female threads. They allow for oscillation/misalignment during slow rotation. Some rod end types require lubrication, and other types are maintenance free.
- Linear Bushing Bearings and Linear Way Products - Linear bushing bearings and linear way bearings incorporate several rows of recirculating balls or rollers for low friction, precise linear motion. Linear bushing bearings use a round shaft and linear way bearings have a rectangular shaped track.
- Pillow Blocks, Flanges, Take Up Units and Bearing Inserts - Pillow block bearings, flange bearings and take up bearings consist of a housing with a bearing mounted in it. They are available in a wide variety of materials, mounting configurations and various bearing features.
AST Bearings is proudly presenting our new certificates for both the NJ and CA locations: AST Bearings’ ISO 9001:2015 Certificates
To learn more about what the ISO 9001 standard is, the differences between the 2015 and 2008 versions, and how AST verifies customer satisfaction: Learn About AST Bearings’ certification to ISO 9001:2015
Ask A Question
Ask us a question and one of our team members will respond as soon as possible.
Fields marked with * are required.