The ASTEPB Series Bushings are economic self-lubricating bearings made by kinds of resin with additive fiber as base material produced by injection molding machines.
ASTEPB Series Features
- Designed for dry and maintenance-free
- Lower friction, excellent wear resistance
- Higher load capacity
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Lower moisture absorption
- Thin wall thickness design, reduced space and weight
- Can significantly reduce costs when mass produced
- No special requests needed for mating material
- Typical Applications for the ASTEPB Series
These bearings are designed for high load with lower speed and lower friction applications, such as automotive industries, lift machineries, copier, OA machines, sports machines, food industries, chemical machines etc.
Compared with the metal bushes, the weight and cost is much lower.
The ASTEPB Series is well suited for large production runs with low cost and short delivery time. The user can select the bearing by temperature of work environment, wear resistance request, moving method, installation method, the cost of the materia,l etc. Normally, the temperature, load, and PV value should be considered first. AST recommends designing towards a lower PV value since it will lead to longer service life.
Material choices aside, there are over 200 products to choose from. However, the ASTEPB Series bushings are further sub-categorized by the following:
- ASTEPB Series – Straight Bushings
- ASTEPBF Series – Flanged Bushings
- ASTEPBW Series – Thrust Washer Bushings
If you need help in selecting the best products for your particular application, please remember that design engineering and application assistance are available from AST as part of our value-added services designed to make your job easier.
Click here to go to our online catalog and product specifier for the ASTEPB Series Bushings with nearly 150 products including free CAD downloads.