AST goes beyond supplying standard bearings, providing precision mechanical sub-assemblies. We specialize in assemblies that incorporate precision bearings and components manufactured to the most exacting specifications.
One example was a request to provide a customer with a low-cost, maintenance-free assembly for long life in a harsh paper dust environment. The solution: a ready-to-install pulley assembly, which incorporates two chrome ABEC 3 bearings with PTFE seals in an anodized aluminum with a stainless steel shaft.
- Bearings: Two chrome ball bearings, ABEC-3 precision with PTFE seals
- Shaft: stainless steel
- Housing: Anodized aluminum
AST can conduct design reviews and provide assemblies manufactured to your specifications. Our highly skilled technicians know the correct way to handle and install bearings, and can provide you with a more reliable assembly at a significant cost savings.
AST Mechanical Sub-Assembly Capabilities
- Tight tolerance machining, castings, injection molding
- Component materials: metals (various alloys) and plastics
- Specialty materials and lubricants
- Protective Coatings
- Commercial or super-precision bearings with precise quantities of lubrication
AST Mechanical Sub-Assembly Services
- Bearing engineering expertise (CAD drawings provided upon request)
- Contract assembly
- Class 100 and Class 10,000 assembly and test environments
- Product inspection and testing
- World-class bearing laboratory
- Low-cost sourcing
Let AST quote your next mechanical assembly requirement.