AST goes beyond supplying standard bearings, providing precision mechanical sub-assemblies. We specialize in assemblies that incorporate precision bearings and components manufactured to the most exacting specifications.
One example was a request to provide a customer with a precision spindle assembly for an industrial encoder. An encoder is a position sensing device. They are used to sense rotary motion and provide feedback – via an electrical signal – to a processor, controller or computer. This makes them key components in automated machinery and test systems in conjunction with friction and measuring wheels, ball screws, timing pullies, rack and pinion actuation, etc.
- Bearings: Two stainless steel ball bearings, ABEC-7 precision with 2 shields and bonded under a pre-load.
- Shaft and Housing: Both made of stainless steel.
- Lubrication: Lubricated with a special grease for low noise and increased life
- End Result: An extremely precise running geometry
AST can conduct design reviews and provide assemblies manufactured to your specifications. Our highly skilled technicians know the correct way to handle and install bearings, and can provide you with a more reliable assembly at a significant cost savings.
AST Mechanical Sub-Assembly Capabilities:
- Tight tolerance machining, castings, injection molding
- Component materials: metals (various alloys) and plastics
- Specialty materials and lubricants
- Protective Coatings
- Commercial or super-precision bearings with precise quantities of lubrication
AST Mechanical Sub-Assembly Services:
- Bearing engineering expertise (CAD drawings provided upon request)
- Contract assembly
- Class 100 and Class 10,000 assembly and test environments
- Product inspection and testing
- World-class bearing laboratory
- Low-cost sourcing
Let AST quote your next mechanical assembly requirement.