AST’s recent technical article on bearing considerations in power tools has been published by Design World magazine!
The article ran in this month’s issue, which can be read digitally here.
We’re big fans of the excellent materials that Design World consistently runs, and it’s an honor to be included in such a prestigious publication as trusted sources.
If you’re a regular visitor to the Bearings Blog, you might recognize the article as having appeared right here recently as well, here see the links below to each section as originally published:
- An introduction to the series and a look at the hand tool industry.
- Part II of the series looks at bearings and their effect on noise and vibration.
- In part III, we examine bearing materials and operating temperatures. To read part III.
- Part IV breaks down lubrication options, both types and amounts. To read part IV.
- Finally, in part V we discuss choosing correct shielding for your bearings. To read part V.
One important note, that fantastic image on the opening of page of the article (and featured in this blog post) is from our friends at T.C. Service Company, producer of Top Cat industrial air tools. Visit them at www.tcservice.com for information on their full product line, which includes vertical grinders, horizontal grinders, right angle grinders, die grinders, burr grinders, chipping hammers, scaling hammers, needle scalers, saws and drills.
We hope that you found this series educational! We’ll be writing similar articles soon, so stay tuned. And as always, don’t hesitate to contact our bearing experts with any questions about bearing considerations in handheld power tools, or any industry and application.