Wholesale Bearing Lubrication & Relubrication Services
Click any image to enlarge
Why do so many bearing manufacturers and distributors use AST to relubricate their bearings?...
Most bearing lubricants have an expiration date from 2 to 5 years. Replace expired or near expiration date lubricants to extend the life of the bearing and to extend your sales.
- WRONG LUBRICANTS:
Why settle for standard lubricants when your customer wants something different? Don’t lose the sale, change the lubricant.
- WRONG PERCENTAGE FILL OF LUBE:
Your customer needs a different percentage fill of lubricant than you have on hand from the factory. Don’t lose the sale, change the lubricant.
Increase Your Company's Revenue and Profit Potential Through Bearing Relubrication
Grow sales at your distributorship by providing solutions to your customer’s bearing lubricant problems. Surveys conducted by AST indicate improper lubricant selection is a leading cause of bearing failures.
Improve inventory turns and get obsolete bearings off your shelf. Use AST’s services to remove the expired lubricant and get the right grease or oil in the bearing.
Expand into high tech markets such as aerospace, aviation (FAA), food processing, and medical devices. These customers have demanding requirements and operate in regulated industries. AST has the process control documentation, registered quality management system, traceability, and experience to ensure absolute compliance. Need certification?... No problem.
Reasons to Change a Bearing’s Lubrication
There are many reasons to replace the current lubricant in a particular bearing to better meet the needs of your customers. Rather than turning down business or providing only “me-to” products, take advantage of providing a better lubricant to differentiate your company from others and increase your sales potential.
Having the lubricant in your bearings replaced may increase product performance, improve delivery/turnaround time, avoid factory minimum order quantities for special requests, and may allow you to take advantage of stock on hand.
AST’s contemporary lubrication facilities were designed specifically for the custom cleaning and re-lubrication of commercial and precision ball bearings. Our facilities process millions of ball bearings annually and we routinely lubricate bearings with standard or exotic lubricants.
Precision miniature and instrument bearings, as well as commercial bearings are processed in a Class 10,000 clean room that is certified to Fed-Std-209. Cleaning and lubrication is performed to documented procedures based on the requirements of Mil-B-81793.
AST Relubrication Features and Benefits
- A proprietary solvent based cleaning system is utilized that is both automated and programmable ensuring consistent results.
- Cleaning solutions are filtered and monitored for contamination.
- Grease and oil lubricants are filtered, ultra filtered, to remove particulate contamination, over 400 lubes in stock.
- A lubricant control system is maintained with traceability to manufacturing lot no. and date of manufacture. Lubricants are subject to shelf life requirements.
- Lubrication of all bearings is performed at Class 100 laminar flow work benches within the controlled environment.
- Proprietary precision lubricant dispensing systems are used. Amounts can be controlled to less than 1 milligram.
- Our Lube Techs are experienced, trained, and certified in clean room procedures, bearing handling, and lubrication techniques.
- Bearing are packaged immediately after processing, in the controlled area.
- Custom packaging is also available
- AST's Quality Management System is ISO 9001:2008 certified and AS9100 Rev. C compliant.
- Precision scales with capability to 0.1 mg are employed to verify lube weight.
- Contamination levels in cleaning solutions and lubricants are closely monitored.
- Bearing performance is measured and documented with our sophisticated noise and torque testing equipment.
AST Bearing Lubrication Specialty Services
AST Bearings also has a special proprietary lubrication process called "MicroGrade Grease Plate"™ (also called MGGP™) which is the solution to achieving low torque in precision bearings, without the problems generally associated with lubrication migration.
Frequently Asked Questions from Resellers
As a bearing reseller, you may have many questions about AST's relubrication services such as contact numbers, certifications, turn around times, what required on an RFQ and more. We've collected many of your questions and answered them. Just follow this link: Quick Fact Sheet for Wholesale Bearing Relubrication Services.
Want to Learn More?...
Also, check out our bearing lubrication white paper entitled, "Bearing Lubrication - Types, Methods, and Shelf Life"
Unsure of the condition of your bearings, need verification of critical features, or a failure analysis? AST Bearings has state-of-the-art test equipment and an onsite Engineering Laboratory to serve you and your customer’s needs.
Contact us regarding your specific lubrication or bearing relubrication requirements. We will provide you “value beyond the part.”
MicroGrade Grease Plate™, Micro Grade Oil Plate™, MGGP™, and MGOP™ are trademarks of AST Bearings LLC.