Spherical Plain Bearings requiring maintenance (steel-on-steel) have hardened sliding contact surfaces on both rings. The surfaces are typically treated with molybdenum disulphide and phosphate. It provides added wear resistance and wear-corrosion. However, Spherical Plain Bearings with this sliding contact surface combination require regular relubrication. The high strength of the sliding contact surfaces makes these bearings especially suitable for bearing arrangements where heavy loads of alternating direction, shock loads, or heavy static loads have to be accommodated.
AST has over 150 different Spherical Plain Bearings models composed of steel-on-steel and are divided into the following series:
- GEZ-ES Series – Steel-on-Steel, Inch Dimension, with lubrication groves
- GEZ-ES-2RS Series – Steel-on-Steel, Inch Dimension, with Seals, with lubrication groves
- GE-E Series – Steel-on-Steel, Metric Dimension
- GE-ES Series – Steel-on-Steel, Metric Dimension, with lubrication groves
- GE-ES-2RS Series – Steel-on-Steel, Metric Dimension, with Seals, with lubrication groves
- GEF-ES Series – Steel-on-Steel, Metric Dimension, wide, with lubrication groves
If you need help in selecting the best products for your particular application, please remember that design engineering and application assistance are available from AST as part of our value-added services designed to make your job easier.
Choose below to go to either our metric or inch series online catalog and product specifier for our steel-on-steel series Spherical Plain Bearings including free CAD downloads.