Inner Rings - Inch and Metric
Inner rings are made from hardened rolling bearing steel and have precision ground or machined raceways. Ideal applications for using inner rings include:
- When in order to allow larger axial displacements of the shaft in relation to the housing, needle roller bearings must be combined with wider inner rings.
- Where the shaft cannot be used as a raceway (such as for drawn cup needle roller bearings with open ends; drawn cup needle roller bearings with closed end; needle roller and cage assemblies; and needle roller bearings).
- When optimal running surfaces are necessary in order to seal lips.
Over 260 models between two different series of inner rings are available from AST Bearings and are defined by their dimensional characteristics (metric versus inch).
- PI Series - Inner Rings with inch dimensions. They are made from hardened steel and with an oil hole and groove. They are precision ground for use with shell or precision ground bearings. The PI Series starts with bores (d) as small as 0.3130" and go up to 3.000" with outer diameters (D) from 0.500" to 3.500". A variety of widths are available given the same ID and OD depending on the particular model.
- IR Series - Inner Rings with metric dimensions. They are made from hardened steel and are precision ground for use with precision needle bearings. Some products in the IR Series are also have an oil hole included. The IR Series starts with bores (d) as small as 5 mm and go up to 380 mm with outer diameters (D) from 8 mm to 415 mm. A variety of widths are available given the same ID and OD depending on the particular model.
If you need help in selecting the best products for your particular application, please remember that design engineering and application assistance are available from AST as part of our value-added services designed to make your job easier.
Click here to go to our online catalog and product specifier for Inner Rings (both inch and metric dimensions) including free 3D CAD model downloads.