AST’s complimentary white paper section of our website features an educational article examining some of these considerations to assist you in making the best choice for bearings in your unique application. The white paper can be read by clicking here.
The in-depth look at bearing materials provides insights into factors such as temperature, strength, wear resistance, corrosion, noise, chemical composition, fatigue life, lubrication and more. It focuses on the following categories:
- Bearings Made of Chrome Steel – SAE 52100
- Extra clean 52100 chrome steel
- Bearings Made of Stainless Steels
- Martensitic Stainless Steel – AISI 440C
- Martensitic Stainless Steel – ACD34 / KS440 / X65Cr13
- Martensitic Stainless Steel – SV30
- AISI316 Austenitic Stainless Steel
- Other 300 Series Stainless Steel
- Bearings Made of Carbon Alloy Steel
- Medium Carbon Alloy Steel
- Low Carbon Alloy Steel
- Bearings Made of Plastics and Non-Metallic Materials
- Bearings Made of Ceramic Materials
If you have additional questions on bearing materials, our team of tribological experts is ready to assist. Click here with your inquiry and put AST to the test today!