AST850SM Metal Backed Bronze Powder and Graphite Series - Metric
AST850SM Series Structure
The AST850SM Series Bushings are metal backed with bronze alloy graphite oil-less bushings. They are composite multi-layer bushings composed of special sintered material used as sliding surfaces and steel material as backing metal. Sintered layers are of a special copper-nickel alloy containing uniformly dispersed solid lubricant, the main component of which is graphite. The solid lubricants will be released at the bushing surface as wear occurs, this will ensure have lower coefficient of friction during operation. In addition, these sintered layers have been processed by the oil impregnation treatment.
AST850SM Series Features
- Ideal for multi-directional movements due to the even dispersion of the solid lubricant. It exhibits high performance even with very small motions.
- Self-lubricating; however, to aid lower startup friction, we recommend to pre-lubricated when possible.
- Oiling can be drastically reduced.
- Very good load capacity with good wear resistance and lower friction
- Can be machined again after the parts are fixed to get much high tolerance.
Typical Applications for the AST850SM Series
This material have been widely used in high-load applications where lower friction and good wear resistance is needed and where oiling is difficult. Some examples include: automotive Die wear plates, industrial robots, injection wear plates, injection Tie-bar bushes, and construction equipment self-lubricating bushings.
If you need help in selecting the best products for your particular application, please remember that design engineering and application assistance are available from AST as part of our value-added services designed to make your job easier.
Click here to go to our online catalog and product specifier for the AST850SM Series Bushings with nearly 150 products including free CAD downloads.