AST650 Cast Bronze with solid lubricant plugs - Metric
AST650 Series Structure
The AST650 Series Bushings are made of strong cast bronze based metal with special solid lubricants embedded. The base metal withstands high load and the solid lubricants provide for self-lubrication. The bushing shows excellent performance without pre-lubrication under conditions of extreme high/lower temperature with low speed. This material provides a maintenance-free bushing solution, particularly for high load, intermittent of oscillating motion.
AST650 Series Features
- May work without oil for long periods
- Extremely high load capacity, with good anti-wear and lower friction
- Particularly appropriate for low speed and high load
- Suitable for reciprocating, oscillation, or Intermittent motion where an oil film is hard to form
- Good chemical resistant and anti-corrosion characteristics
- Can be used in wide range of temperature from -40°c~+300°c
Typical Applications for the AST650 Series
This kind of bushing can be used under dry, high temperature, high pressure, corrosive, water, or other chemical environments when oil cannot be introduced. The AST650 Series bushings are widely used in automotive products line, water engineering, dam gate, plastic industries, successive casting machines, steel rollers in the metallurgy industry, mining equipment, ships, turbo generators, hydraulic turbines, and injection molding machines
With over 300 products to choose from, the AST650 Series bushings are further sub-categorized by the following:
- AST650 Series – Straight Bushings
- AST650-F Series – Flanged Bushings
- AST650-WC Series – Thrust Washer Bushings
If you need help in selecting the best products for your particular application, please remember that design engineering and application assistance are available from AST as part of our value-added services designed to make your job easier.
Click here to go to our online catalog and product specifier AST650 Series Bushings including free CAD downloads.