AST50 - Steel shell, Bronze powder with PTFE fiber - Inch and Metric
AST50 Series Structure
The AST50 Series Bushings from AST® are very similar to DU® brand bushings in structure and are often substituted for DU bushings providing better value. The AST50 Series Bushings are made of a steel shell, bronze powder with PTFE/fiber, are dry bushings, and have the following layers:
- PTFE fibers mixture 0.01~0.03mm, lead-free provides an excellent initial transfer film, which effectively coats the mating surface of the bushing assembly, forming an oxide type solid lubricant film.
- Sintered bronze powder 0.20-0.35mm, provides maximum thermal conductivity away from the bushing surface, also serves as a reservoir for the PTFE mixture.
- Steel backing, provides high load carrying capacity, excellent heat dissipation.
- Copper/Tin plating 0.002mm, provides good corrosion resistance.
AST50 Series Features
Just like DU bushings, AST50 Series Bushings are suitable for dry running, low coefficient of friction, lower wear, good sliding characteristics, forming a transfer film can protect the mating metal surface, suitable for rotary and oscillating movement. The AST50 Series has a very high chemical resistance, low absorption of water and swelling. Also performs well with lubrication.
Typical Applications for the AST50 Series
The AST50 Series is widely used in the automotive industry, food industry, medicine machines, drink machines and other industries which are not allowed the use the lead and they have difficulty forming the oil film or need dry lubrication parts for operation. Can meet the demanding criteria for long-life and trouble-free performance with or without lubricant, especially for high chemical resistance needs. They can also be composed in steel housing or fabricated into flanged bushes which can move both in radial and in axial directions. The AST50 Series is particularly appropriate for high temperature environment where no oil is efficient and the machine must be under successive long period working condition.
AST50 Product Line Offerings
With 600 products to choose from, the AST50 Series bushings are further sub-categorized by the following:
- AST50-IB Series – Inch Dimension, Straight Bushings
- AST50-FIB Series – Inch Dimension, Flanged Bushings
- AST50-WC-IB Series – Inch Dimension, Thrust Washer Bushings
- AST50-F Series – Metric Dimension, Flanged Bushings
- AST50-WC Series – Metric Dimension, Thrust Washer Bushings
- AST50-SP Series – Metric Dimension, Strip Bushings
If you need help in selecting the best products for your particular application, please remember that design engineering and application assistance are available from AST as part of our value-added services designed to make your job easier.
Choose below to go to either our metric or inch series online catalog and product specifier for AST50 Series Bushings including free CAD downloads.
DU® is a registered trademark of GGB, Inc. Corportion