AST40 Steel Bronze with PTFE/Fibre Series - Metric
AST40 Series Structure
The AST40 Series Bushings are made of Steel bronze powder with PTFE/fiber, are dry bushings, and have the following layers:
- PTFE polymer fibers mixture 0.01~0.03mm are lead-free providing an excellent initial transfer film, which effectively coats the mating surface of the bushing assembly, forming an oxide type solid lubricant film.
- Sintered bronze powder 0.20-0.35mm, providing maximum thermal conductivity away from the bushing surface, also serves as a reservoir for the PTFE mixture.
- Steel backing, provides high load carrying capacity, excellent heat dissipation.
- Copper/Tin plating 0.002mm, provides good corrosion resistance
AST40 Series Features
Suitable for dry running, low coefficient of friction, lower wear, good sliding characteristics, forming a transfer film can protect the mating metal surface, suitable for rotary and oscillating movement. The AST40 Series’ also has high chemical resistance and low absorption of water (swelling).
Typical Applications for the AST40 Series
The AST40 Series was developed for high duty, oil lubricated, hydraulic applications and is designed for use mainly under lubricated lubrications, shows excellent wear resistance, and has a low static and dynamic friction coefficient. Accordingly, it is especially good for use in automotive suspension struts, shock absorbers guide bushing, hydraulic cylinders, gear pumps and motors and axial and radial piston pumps and motors
With over 250 products to choose from, the AST40 Series bushings are further sub-categorized by the following:
- AST40 Series – Straight Bushings
- AST40-F Series – Flanged Bushings
- AST40-WC Series – Thrust Washer Bushings
- AST40-SP Series – Strip Bushings
If you need help in selecting the best products for your particular application, please remember that design engineering and application assistance are available from AST as part of our value-added services designed to make your job easier.
Click here to go to our online catalog and product specifier AST40 Series Bushings including free CAD downloads.