AST20 - Steel Shell with POM Plastic Liner - Inch and Metric
AST20 Series Structure
The AST20 Series Bushings from AST® are very similar to DX® brand bushings in structure and are often substituted for DX bushings providing better value. The AST20 Series Bushings are made of steel bronze powder with POM and have the following layers:
- POM 0.30~0.50mm, has high wear resistance and low friction even only minute quantities of lubricant are supplied, this bushing surface carries a pattern of circular indents which should be filled with grease on assembly of the bushing.
- Sintered bronze powder 0.20-0.35mm, provides max. thermal conductivity away from the bushing surface, also serves as a reservoir for the resin mixture.
- Low-carbon steel, gives exceptionally high load carrying capacity, excellent heat dissipation.
- Copper plating 0.002mm providing good corrosion resistance.
AST20 Series Features
Just like DX bushings, AST20 Series Bushings are suitable for rotary and oscillating movement, lower maintenance requirements due to the long re-lubrication intervals, lower wear, lower susceptibility to edge loading, no absorption of water and therefore no swelling, good dampening behaviors, and good resistance to shock loads.
Typical Applications for the AST20 Series
The AST20 series is recommended for applications involving intermittent operation or boundary lubrication and is especially well-suited for applications where lubricant cannot be supplied continuously or repeatedly.
- Automotive industry - with suspension joints, kingpin assemblies and stub axles of tucks, automobile driving joint hinges, steering and other linkages, articulation joints, rear chassis hinges, and fairleader rollers. Also used in the
- Machine tool and building industry - with spindles for drills, grinding, and milling machines, ram guide plates in multi-ram presses.
- Agricultural equipment - gearbox, clutch, bale trips and wheel caster swivels for bale accumulators, front axle pivot bushings, steering idler box bushings and kingpin bushings for harvesters.
AST20 Bushing Product Offerings
With over 250 products to choose from, the AST20 Series bushings are further sub-categorized by the following:
- AST20-IB Series – Inch Dimension, Straight Bushings
- AST20-WC-IB Series – Inch Dimension, Thrust Washer Bushings
- AST20 Series – Metric Dimension, Straight Bushings
- AST20-WC Series – Metric Dimension, Thrust Washer Bushings
- AST20-SP Series – Metric Dimension, Strip Bushings
If you need help in selecting the best products for your particular application, please remember that design engineering and application assistance are available from AST as part of our value-added services designed to make your job easier.
Choose below to go to either our metric or inch series online catalog and product specifier for AST20 Series Bushings including free CAD downloads.
DX® is a registered trademark of GGB, Inc. Corportion