AST11 Bronze backed, Bronze with PTFE Series - Metric
AST11 Series Structure
The AST11 Series Bushings are made of bronze backed with bronze powder PTFE/Pb, are dry bushings, and have the following layers:
- PTFE/Pb mixture 0.01~0.03mm, provides an excellent initial transfer film, which effectively coats the mating surface of the bushing assembly, forming an oxide type solid lubricant film.
- Sintered bronze powder 0.20-0.35mm, provides max. thermal conductivity away from the bushing surface, also serves as a reservoir for the PTFE-lead mixture.
- Bronze backing, gives exceptionally high load carrying capacity, excellent heat dissipation. Have very good corrosion resistance.
AST11 Series Features
Suitable for dry running, low coefficient of friction, lower wear, good sliding characteristics, forming a transfer film can protect the mating metal surface, suitable for rotary and oscillating movement. The AST11 Series has a very high chemical resistance, low absorption of water and swelling. Also performs well with lubrication.
Typical Applications for the AST11 Series
Can meet the demanding criteria for long-life and trouble-free performance with or without lubricant, especially for high chemical resistance needs. The AST11 Series is often used in steel metallurgy industries in applications such as bushes for roller grooves of successive casting machines, cement grouting pumps, and screw conveyers for cement. They can also be composed in steel housing or fabricated into flanged bushes which can move both in radial and in axial directions. The AST11 Series is particularly appropriate for high temperature environment where no oil is efficient and the machine must be under successive long period working condition.
With over 250 products to choose from, the AST11 Series bushings are further sub-categorized by the following:
- AST11 Series – Straight Bushings
- AST11-F Series – Flanged Bushings
- AST11-WC Series – Thrust Washer Bushings
- AST11-SP Series – Strip Bushings
If you need help in selecting the best products for your particular application, please remember that design engineering and application assistance are available from AST as part of our value-added services designed to make your job easier.
Click here to go to our online catalog and product specifier AST11 Series Bushings including free CAD downloads